Monday, November 16, 2009

Tell me your thoughts on this?

as i lay here thinking, pondering, worrying.


i wonder, i really wonder.


no not if its worth it. not if it should be.


i know i ive enjoyed myself. ive felt greater then ever before.


i feel as if know one could touch me.


not even the barren hollow soul that keeps you intact.





just if it makes sense, whether or not its at least decently written.

Tell me your thoughts on this?
This is what some people call 'word salad'. At first glance it looks like it means something profound. But then you look at it carefully and it's not really clear just -what- it means.





'As I lay here thinking, pondering, worrying


I wonder, I really wonder'.





So far so good. We expect some deep thought to follow, something profound.





'No not if it's worth it, not if it should be.'





Excuse me? If it's worth it? If it -should be- worth it? What are you saying exactly?





'I know I've enjoyed myself. I've felt greater than ever before'.





-than ever before- is a comparison. So what made you feel greater than ever before? Why not just say that you felt 'great'?





'I feel as if know one could touch me' (I'm assuming you mean 'no one'). Not even the barren hollow soul that keeps you intact'.





Sorry, this makes no sense to me. It sounds good! But it doesn't mean anything (to me). Do you mean the barren hollow soul that keeps -me- intact? Or are you talking about someone else's barren hollow soul? How could that touch you? How does a barren hollow soul keep you intact?





It sounds like you do have a deep thought there, you just have to be clearer in explaining what you're trying to say. And there aren't any glaring grammatical errors.
Reply:One piece of your work seems to need more explanation for me please.





Your comment that you feel far greater than ever before, makes me happy but then you say that it is your barren, hollow soul that keeps you intact. That saddens me as it was not what I thought you were saying before. What have I missed?





As to your last question, no work is decently written without proper punctuation. It's mainly capitals that are missing. At least your spelling and expression are both good. Congratulations.

Electrical

No comments:

Post a Comment