Sunday, April 26, 2009

It hurts when someone touches me...not sexually, but on my arms, especially my legs...?

It almost feels like if someone grabs my arm or leg, they are plunging their fingers right into my skin. My doc says I may have peripheral neuropathy (non related) but seemed unconcerned when I described the sensitivity to touch. Any ideas?

It hurts when someone touches me...not sexually, but on my arms, especially my legs...?
Sometimes I feel like that, too. I didn't always, but I've been through a series of abusive relationships(physically/ mentally) and now I'm really weird about being touched. My bf will rub my shoulder a bit, and it feels like he's scraping off my skin.





I think its all mental. That's weird that you have the same problem. If your doc doesn't recognize it as a problem, it's probably because its mental. Maybe we should try a counselor or therapist. It could be a problem that you have because of a subconscious issue.
Reply:Look up "fibromyalgia" and see if that is what you have. With it, it hurts to touch the skin.


http://health.yahoo.com/ency/healthwise/...


Cymbalta helps me a lot with the pain.

lily garden

No comments:

Post a Comment