Saturday, May 15, 2010

Umpteenth edit--HONEST rating please?

As the froth of nectar


that waters the pond of dreams;


you sputter


In your embrace


I bloom


as Lilly blossoms.





As snow's soft flakes,


you melt on my petal cheeks


touching me


not quite.





Memories' butterfly kisses


turn into love letters


before my interlaced lashes --


--written amongst


changing cloud patterns


in our long forgotten


secret scripts





And i wishfully think


Is the rhythm


in honey dew drips


upon window sill;


simply the tunes


of my love for you?

Umpteenth edit--HONEST rating please?
Very good.





However, I'd change "lashes" to "fingers." "Lashes" can bring to mind getting beaten with a whip, which does not flow well with the rest of the poem.


No comments:

Post a Comment